Look, I’m not allowed to go to facebook, but i found some ways you can help via facebook.
- Buy Virtual Goods: 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of sweet potatoes in CityVille, radishes in FarmVille or kobe cows in FrontierVille will go towards Save the Children’s efforts to provide relief in the Pacific. The world’s largest social gaming company is shooting to raise $2 million for relief efforts.
- “Like’ a Facebook Page: The people over at Explore.org are donating $1 for every “Like” of the “Dog Bless You” Facebook page, up to $100,000.
- Ways to Helpon Twitter:•#Jishin: focuses around general earthquake information•#Anpi: a hashtag for the confirmation of the safety of individuals or places
•#Hinan: Evacuation information
•#311care: a hashtag regarding medical information for the victims
•#PrayforJapan: A general hashtag for support and best wishes for victims of the crisis
- Donate Via Itunes: Apple is also dedicating resources to the crisis in Japan. They have created a simple donation page in iTunes [iTunes link] that makes it simple to donate anywhere from $5 to $200 to the Red Cross with just a few clicks.
- Donate Via Facebook: The Red Cross has also launched a campaign on Causes to raise at least $25,000 for relief efforts. By logging in to Facebook, you can donate anywhere from $10 to $500 to help Tsunami victims and their families.
- Text ‘REDCROSS’ to 9090999.